The Pace Bend Road Race page, provides you with the official registration information, ride distances etc. and if you scroll down a bit, videos, interviews and ride reports for this event. If you don’t see a ride report and you participated in the event in the past, feel free to type something up and we’ll add it here!
Date: February 24-25, 2018
Event: 6th Annual Pace Bend Road Race
Route distances: 25, 44, 50, 62 and 80 miles
About the Ride:
We’re stoked to see you all back for the 6th consecutive annual Pace Bend Road Race! And this year, for the first time ever – the race is TWO days!
Located on scenic Lake Travis in the rolling hills west of Austin, the Pace Bend Road Race is one of the largest cycling races of the season. As one of the few events in Texas to feature full use of the roadway (no “center line” rule), cyclists from all around the world have found the race’s classic 6.2 mile circuit, punctuated by its sweeping curves and short, steep climbs, a prime opportunity to test themselves. It’s also an excellent course for spectators to get up close to the action. All sales/registrations final, no refunds, no exceptions. The event will be held rain or shine. All USA Cycling Rules are in effect. This event is part of the TXBRA Texas Cup – Elite event where points are calculated.
- Two days of bike racing means it’s a Pace Bend Weekend! Race two days. Camp in Pace Bend Park to save yourself the drive. Enjoy back-to-back racing at the same location.
- Registration includes parking fees (voucher provided at packet pickup).
- POPULAR RACES HISTORICALLY SELL OUT!
- Second races are a $30 add-on
- On-Line Registration ends Friday, February 23rd at 5:00pm
- Packet Pick-Up/Late Registration – Friday, February 23 5pm-7pm and Saturday, February 24th, 5-7PM
- Location: TBD
- Race Day Packets – Opens at 7AM in Pace Bend Park, have your registration confirmation sheet in hand for faster parking entry, pick up packet on Saturday to avoid park entry lines
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- Local Hotel: Mountain Star Lodge (mention Boneshaker or Pace Bend for 10% off)
- Bring kids and their bikes! There will be a Free little kids sprint “race” at Noon on Sunday!
- All junior (9-18yr olds) race entries are only $15
- Seeking course marshalls/volunteers. Interested in volunteering? Sign up here. Perks include breakfast/lunch, a thank you bag, and lots of fun!
- Enjoy delicious bites – vendors TBD.
- Thank you to our major sponsors: Brad Houston Law
- Thank you to our generous in-kind sponsors: Bicycle sport shop Austin, TX, and Brad Houston, the cycling lawyer
Location: 2805 Pace Bend Road, Spicewood, TX 78669
Contact info: (512) 279-7905 INFO@BONESHAKER.ORG
Find more information about other rides on our mainpage