The Cane River Plantation Ride page, provides you with the official registration information, ride distances etc. and if you scroll down a bit, videos, interviews and ride reports for this event. If you don’t see a ride report and you participated in the event in the past, feel free to type something up and we’ll add it here!
Date: May 5, 2018
Event: 5th Annual Cane River Plantation Ride
Route Distances: 15, 25, 63 miles and 2K family fun walk/run
About the Ride:
The Bike Natchitoches 5th Annual Cane River Plantation Ride on May 5, 2018, comprises three routes that cover land steeped in the history of Natchitoches Parish and offers numerous views of Cane River Lake.
- The 15 mile route will start and finish at the Cane River Creole National Historical Park (Oakland Plantation) in Bermuda, Louisiana. The tour will follow the Cane River National Heritage Trail and the Isle Brevelle Trail along Cane River Lake. It will pass several antebellum homes as well as Melrose Plantation and will cross Cane River Lake to the Isle Brevelle Trail by historical St. Augustine Catholic Church. It will continue to Cane RiverNational Historical Park.
- The 25 mile route will follow the same route as the 15 mile route plus continue on to Magnolia Plantation. The tour will cross the end of Cane River Lake and continue on to the Isle of Brevelle Trail to Cane River National Historical Park (Oakland Plantation).
- The metric century route will follow the same route as the 25 mile route and will add the beautiful, hilly forest scenery of the Kisatchie National Forest including the Long Leaf Vista Trail. It is a perfect blend of Louisiana plantation history and serene arboreal experience.
- A 2k family fun run/walk is free and will be held on the park premises.
- Participants and families from any route are encouraged to tour the National Park at Oakland and Magnolia plantation at no extra fee. Melrose Plantation is offering a reduced fee for participants and families.
- The registration fee for any ride is $35.00 for participants 18 and older. Participants 17 years or younger and students have a registration fee of $20.00 for any ride.
Location: 4386 Highway 494, Bermuda, LA 71456
Event Website: www.bikenatchitoches.org
Find more information about other rides on our mainpage