The Dallas Police Cycling Team’s Ride to Remember page, provides you with the official registration information, ride distances etc. and if you scroll down a bit, videos, interviews and ride reports for this event. If you don’t see a ride report and you participated in the event in the past, feel free to type something up and we’ll add it here!
Date: June 3, 2017
Event: Dallas Police Cycling Team’s 2nd Annual Ride to Remember
Route Distances: 85 mile course
About the Ride:
The 2nd annual Ride to Remember Unity Ride is an 85 mile course that stops at all 7 Dallas Police Substations and DART headquarters. Each mile ridden is to honor the 84 fallen Dallas Police Officer who paid the ultimate sacrifice. This year we will ride an addtional mile to pay our respects to fallen DART Officer Brent Thompson ( EOW 7/7/2016). The ride will end at the Dallas Police Association where there will be BBQ, beer, and cornhole tournaments available for purchase. We will draw the winner of the supercharged 2017 mustang GT that evening at the DPA.
Event details and schedule
- This is a Unity Ride and each rider will ride side-by-side with an average pace of 15MPH.
- If you can’t keep up with the group you will have to sag until the next stop.
- We will stop at each substation which are about 15-20 miles apart.
- Wheels spinning at 8am from Central Substation.
- Lunch, water, gatorade, and snacks will be provided during the ride.
- Parking options will be emailed as we get closer to the ride date.
- See our website for additional information: http://www.dpdcycle.com/events.html
Event Website: http://www.dpdcycle.com/events.html
Find more information about other rides on our mainpage