The Tour de Jalapeno 2017 page, provides you with the official registration information, ride distances etc. and if you scroll down a bit, videos, interviews and ride reports for this event. If you don’t see a ride report and you participated in the event in the past, feel free to type something up and we’ll add it here!
Date: August 6, 2017
Event: Tour de Jalapeno 2017
Route distances: 50 Mile Tour, 25 Mile Tour, 10 Mile Tour ( not timed ), 25 Mile Jalapeno Race, 25 Mile Race ( No Jalapeno’s)
About the Ride:
NEW VENUE: Cool River Ranch – 601 Dupuy Ranch rd, Martindale Texas ( At the bottom of the big hill on Scull rd take a left )
Cool River Ranch is a Music Venue and a Tubing Company located on the San Marcos River.
For this event they are offering a Tubing trip for $10.00. This includes the tube and Transportation upstream. You will then float down river and exit at their facility. What a way to cool off after a HOT ride.
The Hottest Race and Ride in South Texas and then the best COOL Down !!!!!!!
New Rules for 2017
1. In the Jalapeno Race, you must eat at least one Jalapeno – All of the Jalapeno except the stem. If you do not eat the Jalapeno, you will be withdrawn from the race.
2. The Whole Jalapeno must be eaten including the seeds.
3. Time Limit- If you are riding the 50 mile tour, you must be at the last aid station by 11:30am. If you are not, you will be picked up by the Sag Wagon.
4. Parking Fee – $5.00 a carload to be paid at Ranch Entry ( cash only )
5. T-Shirt: You must register by 7-28-2017 to receive one.
If refund is requested 14 or more days before event, 1/2 of the race fee ( No processing fees ), will be refunded. NO REFUNDS or TRANSFERS to other events will be allowed will be allowed with 14 days of the event.
Contact info: www.tourdejalapeno.com
Registration: Online registration
Find more information about other rides on our mainpage