Event: Tour de Pink
Date: September 20, 2015
Since its inception in 2005, Tour de Pink has helped Pink Ribbons Project make a powerful impact within the Greater Houston Area through the efforts of dedicated riders, volunteers, sponsors and all those who pledge.
You helped get the wheels spinning for Tour de Pink, and we have helped many of our partners get rolling by helping to provide mobile mammography units out in the community to connect with patients where they live, work and socialize. Your funds also provided mammograms and further diagnostic testing at our partners’ various locations and improved the equipment and processes at these locations. This reduced wait times for appointments and care and helped patients better navigate an overwhelming process. You have helped make it possible for Pink Ribbons Project to gain and maintain a strong presence in and commitment to the breast cancer community.
Our hope is that in 2015 and beyond, you will ride many miles, you will raise many dollars, and you will continue to help many people.
Thank you for sharing our vision and for your past and continued support of Tour de Pink!
How do I register for the event?
- Register online for $30 until September 13, 2015!
- If you need to register by mail and would like a hard copy of the form e-mailed to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive one.
- Register as a group or team with your friends, family, community organization or business! Make it easy and have your team captain set up your registration by visiting our registration site on this website!
- In person for $40 visit any packet pick-up location September 18 – 20th. (See below for more information on location and time.)
What are some day of logistics and facts?
- Scheduled for Sunday, September 20, 2015 at Prairie View A&M University
- Tour de Pink is the only bike-ride solely benefiting breast cancer awareness and education.
- Will include a 12, 23, 34, 47, 63, 80 and 100 mile ride for cyclists of all levels.
- Participants cannot start the bike ride after 8:00 a.m. If a participant starts the bike ride after 8:00 a.m. they will not be supported.
- The post-ride event will also include a festival complete with a catered meal for all cyclists.
- Click here for the 2015 Route Map!
- Close times for the Pink Pit Stops (PPS): *Refer to map for locations*
- PPS #1 Field Store – closes at 9:00 a.m.
- PPS #1A – closes at 10:00 a.m.
- PPS #2 Zube Park – closes at 11:00 a.m.
- PPS #3 Waller – closes at 10:00 a.m.
- PPS #4 FM 362 – closes at 12:00 p.m.
- PPS #5 Brookshire – closes at 12:30 p.m.
- PPS #6 Monaville – closes at 1:30 p.m.
- PPS #7 FM 1887/3346 – closes at 2:30 p.m.
- PPS #8 Hempstead – closes at 3:00 p.m.
When and where do I pick up my packet or register on site?
- Friday, September 18th: Bike Barn – 5339 Weslayan, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., $40 Registration Fee, $125 minimum fundraising due at registration
- Saturday, September 19: Bike Barn – 5339 Weslayan, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., $40 Registration Fee, $125 minimum fundraising due at registration
- Sunday, September 20: Prairie View A&M University, 6 a.m. – 7 a.m., $50 Registration Fee, $125 minimum fundraising due at registration
How do I get to parking on the PVAMU campus?
- From 290, take the exit toward FM-1098/ Prairie View
- Turn right onto University Drive/ FM 1098
- Take a left on T.R. Soloman Street
- Parking will be available on your left – watch for signs and parking attendants!
What is the tentative ride day schedule?
- 6:00-7:00 a.m. Late Registration
- 7:00 a.m. Opening Ceremony
- 7:00 a.m. staggered starts for all routes
- 9:00 a.m. Ride Festival begins
- 10:30 a.m. Lunch
Are there any hotels in the area?
- Holiday Inn Express in Waller – 31380 Farm to Market 2920 – (936) 372-3700 (Ask about discounted rates!)
- Super 8/ Hempstead – 51325 HWY 290 – 800.444.6835
- Ramada Inn Brenham – 2217 S. Market Street – 800-644-6835
- Mariposa Ranch Bed & Breakfast/ Brenham – 8904 Mariposa Lane – 800-574.0835
- Econo Lodge Brenham – 2217 South Market Street – 979.836.1300
- Comfort Suites Brenham – 2350 S. Day Street – 979.421.8100
- Best Western Brenham – 1503 HWY 290 – 979.251.7791
- Holiday Inn Brenham – 555 HWY 290 – 979.836.4590
- Route maps will be available in registration packets or a downloadable a printable version here! Click here!
- Water and medical assistance will be available at the start and finish and along the ride course at eight rest stops.