The Head for the Hills – Brenham page, provides you with the official registration information, ride distances etc. and if you scroll down a bit, videos, interviews and ride reports for this event. If you don’t see a ride report and you participated in the event in the past, feel free to type something up and we’ll add it here!
Date: March 23, 2019
Event: Head for the Hills – Brenham
Route distances: 23, 41 and 63 miles
About the ride:
The fifteenth year of the Head for the Hills Ride. Come enjoy an exhilarating ride through the hills of northeast Washington County while partaking of a visual feast of bucolic scenery and, with the cooperation of Mother Nature, a magnificent display of wildflowers.
This year the ride will begin at Brenham High School in Brenham.
You may register online by clicking on the REGISTER NOW button on this page until 1:oo PM on March 20. You may also register on March 21 between 11:00 AM and 6:30 PM at the Bike Barn located at 5339 Weslayan in Houston. Day-of-ride registration is at Brenham High School. Registration begins at 5:30 AM.
The ride starts between 8:00 & 9:00 AM, depending on your speed and the route you are riding. Courses will be monitored from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Go to the MAPS menu item to see maps of how to get to registration, to lunch, and the three routes. The SAG Drivers tab will have a list of SAG drivers’ names and phone numbers on the day of the ride.
This year those who are not Ready2Roll Cycling members registering prior to March 16 will get a free t-shirt.
- All riders must obey all state and local traffic laws.
- All riders must obey all Law Enforcement Personnel, Ride Officials and Volunteers.
- Ride single file unless passing.
- All riders must practice appropriate cycling and safety etiquette at all times during the event.
- All riders must wear a bicycle helmet.
- Headphones, cell phones, ear buds, radios and similar audio devices used in, on or around the rider’s head or ears are not permitted while riding (Tandem communication accessories are allowed).
Some of the Causes Supported by Previous Rides
- Adam’s Angels – aid for child cancer victims
- Main Street Local History Day – living Texas history presentations for 4th and 7th graders
- PolioPlus – world-wide elimination of polio
- Boy and Girl Scouts
- Boys and Girls Club
- Child Protection Services Adoption Fair
- Rotary House Stipends – partial reimbursement for hotel expenses incurred at Rotary House for Washington County cancer patients being treated at MD Anderson
- Brenham Heritage Museum
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hospice of the Brazos Valley
- Miracle Farm – helping wayward boys
- Camp for All – totally barrier-free recreational facility for the disabled
- Unity Theater – to support summer youth programs at the theater
- Bread Partners – providing and delivering to the needy and elderly
- Scholarships for Brenham High School students
- International clean Water projects
- Guerrero Clinic – a Rotary established clinic providing eye and dental care to the indigent population of Mexico
Location: Brenham High School,
Registration: Online registration
Contact info: Bill Kaminer 713-306-1871
Find more information about other rides on our mainpage